Water Tank Warranty
Terms and Conditions
The Purchaser acknowledges that no title or property of the goods shall pass to it, until full payment is made to the Vendor/Company.
National Poly Industries warrants that it will replace or repair at its discretion on a pro rata basis any Water Tank if workmanship defects occur for a period of 20 years from the date of purchase.
The following conditions apply:
- This Warranty is not assignable and applies to the original purchaser only and the original invoice or receipted delivery docket must be retained and produced as proof of purchase.
- The manufacturer must be given the opportunity to inspect the faulty or damaged tank.
- The customer shall pay the cost of freight for any replacement tank or repair plus any additional costs incurred.
- The tank must be used for storage of potable water at ambient temperature only not exceeding 40 degrees Celcius.
- The tank overflow must equal the tank inlet ie 2 x 90mm inlet pipes must have 2 x 90mm overflow pipes.
Molasses Tanks, Chemical Tanks, Aquaculture Tanks, Pools, Troughs, Transporter Units, Industrial and Mining Water Tanks and Sullage Tanks are warranted for a period of Two (2) years against workmanship defects.
Warranty does NOT cover the following:
- Damage caused by storm, fire, flood, act of God, war, terrorism or other insurable risk.
- Any unauthorized modification or repairs.
- Abnormal wear and tear.
- Weathering of these products (due to climatic conditions) over long periods of time.
- Damage caused by incorrect installation, base preparation or failure to maintain the base. (Please note terms in relation to installation)
- All conditions, warranties, obligations and liabilities of any kind (other than the warranty expressly agreed to by the Company and outlined above) which are or may be imposed or implied to the contrary by any statute, rule or regulation, or under the common law and whether arising from negligence of the Company, its servants or otherwise are hereby excluded except to the extent that the Company may be prevented from doing so by any statute, rule or regulation under the common law.
Warranty is limited to repair or replacement only and does not extend to cover any consequential claim, loss, expense or demand. The Purchaser specifically indemnifies and holds blameless National Poly Industries from such losses.
This Warranty shall have no force and effect unless Tank Base Preparation and Installation (Terms & Conditions) are complied with.
Installation and Tank Base Preparation Requirements
There is no substitute for correct site preparation. Correct site preparation is essential to ensure a long and trouble-free life for your tank.
It is essential to have your tank on a FLAT LEVEL COMPACTED BASE. The base of your tank must be fully supported at all times. Suggestions are as follows:
Concrete Slab must be at least 25mpa and 100mm (4″) thick with F62 mesh halfway through the mix. It should be screeded flat and level with no high or low spots. The finished surface should have a trowelled finish.
Crusher Dust bases must be 300mm (12″) wider in diameter than the tank and prepared as follows:
- Remove at least 100mm (4″) of natural earth; ensuring the base is flat and level.
- Refill with at least 75mm (3″) of crusher dust mixed with dry cement powder. (For a 4m (13′) base we suggest 2-3 bags of cement powder)
- Once spread, thoroughly compact the crusher dust with suitable compacting equipment, not by any other means.
- Thoroughly screed the surface and ensure the finished surface is perfectly FLAT AND LEVEL and free of stones, tree roots etc. Do not add water to set the cement powder; natural moisture will do this when your tank is in position.
Note: Sand is not acceptable
Inspect the base regularly checking for, and rectifying, any undermining by water run-off or animals burrowing such as toads, mice etc.
Molasses Tanks must have a concrete slab or suitably constructed tank stand with a flat level deck to be considered for warranty.
Tank Stands must be constructed to hold the weight of a full tank (i.e. 1000 gallons water about 4.5 tonnes). We recommend a hardwood timber decking, which is FLAT AND LEVEL, with boards spaced not wider than 10mm (1/2″) apart.
Storage of tanks prior to installation should be with webbing or rope. Chains and cables should not be used. Alternatively, fill the tank with 100mm (4″) of water.
National Poly Industries accepts no responsibility for negligence or otherwise, for loss or damage to tanks installed by the customer not withstanding that the customer has relied upon and followed the recommendations contained herein.
These recommendations are a guide only and we do not warrant that the recommendations are accurate or suitable for use by any particular customer or for any particular tank sold.